Addressing water runoff is a key consideration with any successful construction project. These issues often increase the cost of a project through the implementation of special drainage or diversion systems and can even pose a danger if not properly addressed, especially in areas already prone to flooding. Argos Drain Crete® can help you meet the demands of hydrological design in your next commercial, industrial or residential application, while achieving the highest level of performance.
Drain Crete is a special blend of course aggregate, cementitious material, water, and admixtures that has unique stormwater retention properties. We designed Drain Crete as a pervious mixture with enhanced porosity that allows for the transmission, storage, and exfiltration of rain and stormwater to the underlying soils. The resulting benefits of Drain Crete pervious concrete can help you save time and money on your next project by:
- Reducing or eliminating the need for special stormwater drainage systems, as well as retention and detention areas.
- Increasing land utilization of commercial and residential properties due to increased pavement storage capacity of stormwater.
- Eliminating the need to incorporate expensive water diversion and exfiltration systems.
- Eliminating standing water hazards and ponding during heavy rain events and therefore moderating the risk of hydroplaning and skidding.
- Helping the environment by reducing and cleaning stormwater runoff, replenishing aquifers, protecting streams and lakes, and allowing water and oxygen to reach tree roots.