WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
As described below, we may collect certain identifying information from or about you in connection with your use of, or your submissions to, the Website (collectively, the “Collected Information”). Collected Information includes, without limitation, any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home, business, or other physical address, business name, a phone number, an email address and anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Argos. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Argos for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Argos site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Argos public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Argos does not read any of your private online communications.
Argos encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Argos so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Argos is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Argos and Argos family of Web sites.
The Website may use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, in order to better understand your use of the Website and how we can improve it. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Website, what pages you visit when you do so, and what other websites you used prior to coming to the Website. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit a Website, rather than your name or other identifying information.
This Website does not use web beacon technology.
We welcome your messages at our “Contact Us” page, which you can find at [INSERT CONTACT URL]. If you correspond with Argos through the Website, the Collected Information may include the content of, and metadata regarding, any correspondence you may have with us. We may share your messages with those within our organization who are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message, and we may archive your message.
ONLINE ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
If you elect to subscribe to any online services provided via the Website , you will be required to submit personal information (including some Collected Information) for the purpose of verifying your identity and your authority to manage the account. This Collected Information will be used exclusively by Argos, our agents, and third-party service providers for internal use and to respond to your service requests.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
Argos, our agents, and third-party services providers collect and use the Collected Information to operate the Website, including to provide certain services and improve the user experience, address Website integrity or security issues, and conduct research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop, and improve the Website. We may send you information that you request from us, our promotional materials, and any other communication for other business purposes. Additionally, we may retain and use certain Collected Information to address inquiries or requests regarding the Website, or respond to your questions or requests for information from Argos. We may also use Collected Information as necessary to ensure compliance with any Argos policies and any applicable law, regulation or order.
- you expressly authorize Argos to do so;
- it is necessary to allow Argos’s agents and third-party service providers to provide products or services for or to Argos;
- it is necessary in order to provide the services offered through Website;
- Argos is sending you other information that may be useful to you;
- subject to applicable restrictions, it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on Argos’s behalf or to other entities with whom Argos has joint marketing agreements;
- it is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of your records;
- it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, verifying identity, age, and/or payment details, investigating complaints about the Website, risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention and detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends and dispute resolution;
- it is necessary to comply with law enforcement, governmental mandate, or other legal requirement, subpoena or court order;
- it is necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person;
- subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, it is necessary in connection with a sale of assets of Argos, the merger of Argos into another entity, or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which Argos is not the survivor; or
- it is otherwise necessary for Argos to disclose it as required or permitted by law.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
In addition to the sharing described above, it may be necessary for us to share some of your Collected Information with certain third parties or to operate the Website and provide the services offered through the Website.
HOW DO WE PROTECT INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU?
Argos takes commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect information transmitted via or stored on the Website, and we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect such information. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that the information you submit through the Website will be completely secure.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS; LINKED WEBSITES
Any submission that you make to any of our pages on a social media platform is at your own risk and without any expectation of privacy.
The Website is intended for a general audience and is not intended for use or view by children under 13 years of age without parental consent, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
VISITING THE WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS
We do not monitor or follow any Do Not Track browser requests.
WHOM CAN YOU CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?